Friday 22 May 2015

Writing The Xhseet


It would be nearly impossible to produce my animation to the technical level in which I want it to be animated in without writing an Xsheet. An xsheet or dope sheet is an instructions guide for my self to animate, it is a kind of map where you can write 5 different instructions onto a 12th of a second in relation to the exact noise that is made at that specific frame in the animation. I wrote this by scrubbing across my soundtrack in ToonBoom. My xsheet is the fundamental root for me to start my animation from. I cant start animating until it is totally finished, at the moment I have scrubbed over the entire dialogue and recorded it on the sheet, I then have to act all of this out and add in the movement, eyes and camera cuts.
here is a test of the part of ther xsheet you see above looped https://vimeo.com/128576507

No comments:

Post a Comment